This site is here as an accurate reflection of what real people look like:
- It is not a forum for judgement.
- It is not a place where some people are welcome to post their pictures and others are not.
- It is not a place for us to second guess what someone says they weigh or what size pants they wear.
- It is not a place to decide that someone is healthy enough or not healthy enough to post their picture.
- It is a place for people to post their true and accurate pictures. And for other people to see that the world is not a place of cookie cutters. We are all different in our body shape and size as well as our place in our journey to loving our bodies exactly as they are, not as we (or others) think they should be.
- It is a place for us to be kind to others and ourselves.
Flagging a photo should be done only when it is:
- clearly miscategorized (by what you judge to be 100lbs or more).
- incorrect gender
- more than one person.
- a duplicate.
- "inappropriate," which means nudity. If it could go in a mainstream underwear catalogue it is ok here.
There have been concerns raised about images that some consider "damaging" or "dangerous" because the person's appears to be self-harming or seems to be struggling with an eating disorder. This is NOT a reason to tag the photo. Our initial reaction to these was that this is a place to reflect reality and that this is a sad reality for some women. We have spoken to three different Doctors of Psychology regarding our choices and we are comfortable with our decision to allow all women, regardless of where they are on their journey to self-acceptance, to post their pictures to this site. Please respect each person's journey.
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
Please Note: We strongly encourage anyone who is (or thinks they may be) struggling with an eating disorder or self harm to seek professional help. This site is NOT, and is not meant to be, in any way a substitute or replacement for professional medical help.
If you would still like to proceed in flagging this photo please fill out the form below.
The My Body Gallery project needs men! We need your help to develop the project and build a collection of photos that will help more men see themselves more clearly. Upload a picture of your full body. Our photo submission process also allows you to block out part of the image to protect your identity, if you wish. Please note that you must be 18 to upload a photo.